Monday, June 8, 2009

Mixtapes are the old school love letters




Back in elementary school I used to make a grip of mixtapes and I wish I still had them. I don't know what it is, maybe it's just the playing of those same collection of songs that conjure up old memories, old feelings and even the memory of how youth smelled (a combination of text books, sneakers, CKone perfume, and teen spirit deodorant) that make mixtapes the lost art form of time capsules.

At least SuckUK had the right idea when they wanted to upgrade the mixtape to play on your new iTunes. You open up the tape and inside is a playlist that you handwrite all your fav songs and a 128mb USB drive. Upload the songs (I believe it holds 120 minutes of music, just like the length of a mixtape) and give it to your friend.

Currently listening to:
Hercules and Love Affair "Iris"
A Fine Frenzy "Borrowed Time"
Oasis "Supersonic"

No comments:

Post a Comment